The Role of Governors
Welcome to the Governors’ page of our school web site.
Governors are legally responsible for the running of the school, making decisions in key areas for the benefit of, and on behalf of, everybody concerned with school – pupils, parents, carers, all staff and the diocese. They are also members of the school and parish communities, and many are parents of pupils past and present.
Their key role is in supporting the work of Miss C. Campbell and the staff, and making important decisions about how the school will be run.
Governors also aim to be approachable and to listen to the communities they represent. Most of all they want to contribute to St Joan of Arc continuing to be a happy and thriving school.
Key areas of responsibility
Some of the key areas Governors deal with are:
- Promoting high standards of achievement
- Planning the school’s long-term direction
- Setting the school’s aims, values and ethos
- Setting and monitoring the school budget
- Appointing senior staff
- Ensuring a safe and productive school environment
- Monitoring and evaluating school performance
- Promoting Catholic values