Provisions At St Joan of Arc
The Local Authority provides the school with access to arrange of external support and advice at St Joan of Arc and currently we have access to the following services;
Cognition and Learning
- Educational Psychologist (EP) – A psychologist who specialises in understanding and helping children and young people with learning and behavioural difficulties in educational settings. At SJA we have access to three consultation visit’s a year. The school further purchases visits to support with children who’s needs require further support.
Norma Julius is our school’s Link EP
- Samuel Rhodes Service (SRS) Outreach service works with our school staff to support the learning and inclusion of any students with moderate learning difficulties. They support us by providing blocks of outreach and training. They also work with teaching staff to target set, advise on interventions and help embed strategies in the classroom.
Communication and Interaction
- Speech and Language Therapy (SALT) – A service provided by a specialist to help children with difficulties in speaking, listening, understanding, or using language. At SJA we have access to SALT once a week to support with children on the SALT cased load, complete assessments and provided training and support to staff.
Geraldine Quaine is our school’s SALT
- Bridge Outreach Service (BOS) The Bridge London Trust – Outreach Service supports Schools with the inclusion of pupils with Autism Spectrum Condition (ASC), Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD) or Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD). At SJA they support school staff in developing their understanding of autism, SLD and PMLD and their skills in meeting the needs of pupils with SEN.
Social, emotional and mental health difficulties:
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) It is a specialised healthcare service for children and young people experiencing mental health issues. At SJA we currently supplement out offer to ensure our NHS link clinician can visit every fortnight to provided support with emotional support, ADHD assessments and consultative work.
Olivia Milburn is our school’s CAMHS clinician
- Private Art Therapy Sessions – At St Joan of Arc we employ an Art therapy to support and work alongside our CAMHS clinician in a form of psychotherapy or alternative treatment to traditional talk therapy that involves the use of creative materials and art-making to help individuals explore their emotions, improve their mental health, and develop self-awareness and insight. Our therapist works in school once a week and we also have access to Islington Schools well-being service
Berrin Bates is our school’s Art Psychotherapist
- New River College (NRC) – The Outreach team provides services to improve pupil behaviour and reduce exclusions. It aims to build capacity in schools so they can better support pupils/students with Social, Emotional and Behavioural difficulties.
Sensory and/or physical needs
- Richard Cloudesley Outreach Service (RCO) – provided school with access to experts with specialist training in the management of special needs, hearing loss, visual impairment, risk assessments, habilitation assessments and assistive technology.