Support & Resources
SENDIAS – They provide Impartial Information, Advice and Support on Special Educational Needs and Disability, for parents/carers and children and young people aged up to 25, who live in the London Borough of Islington. They can support parents with:
- Advice, information and support on education, health and social care issues.
- Support for parents/carers and children/young people to express their views and wishes.
- Support at meetings with schools and the Local Authority.
- Help to complete Special Educational Needs and Disability related paperwork.
- Support around the Education Health Care plan process.
- Support with applying for disability related benefits
- Signposting to other services.
Other useful links;
- The Family Information Service – 020 7527 5959 offers free impartial information, advice and guidance about services for children, young people and families. email firstname.lastname@example.orgWebsite: islington.gov.uk/fis
- British Dyslexia Association. Helpline 0845 251 9002 bdadyslexia.org.uk
- British Stammering Association. Helpline 0845 603 2001 stamma.org
- Childline Tel: 0800 1111 childline.org.uk
- Council for Disabled Children. Tel: 0207 843 1900 ncb.org.uk/cdc/home
- Dyspraxia Foundation. Tel: 01462 455016. dyspraxiafoundation.org.uk
- Islington Dyslexia Support Group Parents’ Helpline 0207 272 7064
- Centre 404 (support group for Islington parents of children with SEN) Tel: 0207 607 8762 centre404.org.uk
- Michael Palin Centre for Stammering Children Tel: 020 7530 4238 stammeringcentre.org/
- National Autistic Society Tel. 0845 070 4004 nas.org.uk
- NSPCC Child Protection helpline (good for bullying problems) Tel: 0808 800 5000 nspcc.org.uk
- Parent-line (for Parents under stress) Helpline 0808 800 2222 parentlineplus.org.uk
- ADHD Family Support Group (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) Tel: 01373 826045
- Islington’s ADHD Support Group (advice for parents and carers of children with ADHD and co-existing conditions. ‘Drop-in’ on the first Wednesday of each month from 7.30 – 9.30pm). Tel: 0207 688 0113 and 0207 686 0208.