Welcome to the Governors’ page of our school web site.
The Governors are proud of our school’s record as a successful and caring learning environment for local catholic families. This reputation has been earned by the hard work and dedication of our staff team and the strong support of our parents and carers. The Governors are committed to providing a broad and inclusive education, allowing all children to fulfill their potential.
The Governors are legally responsible for the running of the school, making decisions in key areas for the benefit of, and on behalf of, everybody concerned with school – pupils, parents, carers, all staff and the diocese. We are also members of the school and parish communities, many of us are parents of pupils past and present.
Our key role is in supporting the work of Miss Campbell and the staff, and making important decisions about how the school will be run.
We also aim to be approachable and to listen to the communities we represent. Most of all we want to contribute to St Joan of Arc continuing to be a happy and thriving school!
Some of the key areas we deal with are:
- Promoting high standards of achievement
- Planning the school’s long-term direction
- Setting the school’s aims, values and ethos
- Setting and monitoring the school budget
- Appointing senior staff
- Ensuring a safe and productive school environment
- Monitoring and evaluating school performance
- Promoting Catholic values
The Governing Body of the school meets once a term, and is composed of representatives from the Diocese, Council, parents and staff. Foundation Governors are appointed by the diocese of Westminster, and parent governors are elected by parents and carers. Most decisions are made at committee level; the four committees being Curriculum, Finance & Premises, Staffing and School Admissions.
Governing Body Meeting Minutes
Structure of the Governing Body
Annual Governance Statement
Adrian Fish- Co-opted Governor
(Chair of Governing Body)
Claudia Battaglio – Parent Governor
(Vice-Chair of Governing Body)
- Father Gerard King – Foundation Governor
- Beccy MacKinney – Foundation Governor
- Aideen O’Halloran – Foundation Governor
- Claire Gorman – Foundation Governor
- Elodie Denjean – Foundation Governor
- Karen Addy – Foundation Governor
- Charlotte McMillan – Foundation Governor
- Kofi Adu-Boahene – Foundation Governor
- Nick Platon – Foundation Governor
- Emma Dunne – Foundation Governor
- Victoria Sowerby – Parent Governor
- Caroline Piers – Parent Governor
- Anthony Vallejo – Staff Governor
- Clare Campbell – Headteacher
email – firstname.lastname@example.org